Here you´ll find some basic info of dealing with emotions.
- Emotions reflect your attitude towards your environment and yourself.
- Emotions are connected with your own memories and observations.
- It is possible to experience deep joy only after you have recognized and worked through the negative emotions stored in your subconscious and your body.
- The possible emotional locks will open in their own time without breaking the ego only in a mutually respectful, safe and loving atmosphere.
- Repressed emotions may break out as symptoms in the body, crying, gestures, expressions, dreams or exaggerations in the emotional life.
- An emotion that has not been dealt with will come up to the conscious level when you are ready to cope with it.
- Working with emotions may be more exhausting than mental or physical struggle.
- While breathing is becoming freer it will also create a freer expression of emotions – and vice versa.
- Emotions can lead you astray or hide behind each other.
- Inner healing is possible because of Jesus´ atoning work. (Isaiah 53: 4,5)
- Verbalizing of your thoughts affects your emotional life. (Mark. 7: 15)
- Faith is not dependent on emotions. (Psalm 23: 4)
Emotional intelligence is a concept of many ingredients
“Self-awareness, managing our own emotions and those of others, team building, leadership, negotiation, and communication, constructive discontent, recognizing nonverbal signs and emotional content in poetry and art, personal power, integrity, focus, being self-motivated and able to set priorites, flexibility, creativity, trust and good intuition…”
The list above is an excerpt of Susan Dunn´s article “Is Emotional Intelligence just a Fad du Jour” in a free Bookboon.com e-book called “The experts teach :Emotional intelligence”.
Photo by Helmut Gevert